About the Museum & Staff Information
We are dedicated team working to build community through art.
Click on a name learn more about us or to drop us an email.
The Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art occupies a renovated historic Classical Revival building that opened as the Cobb County United States Post Office on March 14, 1910. The Main Branch of the Cobb County/Marietta Public Library moved into the Post Office in October 1963.
In the early 1950s, a committee of the Marietta Women’s Club evolved into the Fine Arts Club of Marietta. In the 1970s, the Fine Arts Club acquired use of the Clarke Library building on Church Street, donated by the Marietta City Council. In 1983, the Fine Arts Club changed its name to the Marietta/Cobb Fine Arts Center. Then, in 1986 the Marietta/Cobb Fine Arts Center was approved as a non-profit organization and the development of a museum was well underway.
In 1989, the Main Branch of the Cobb County/Marietta Public Library vacated the Post Office building on Atlanta Street, moving into a newly erected building on Roswell Street. During this same time in September, the Marietta/Cobb Fine Arts Center changed its name to the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art.
On April 5, 1990 the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art officially took over the original Post Office building chosen by the Cobb County Commission.
The Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art continues to acquire works for its permanent collections. The museum features ambitious special exhibitions throughout the year. Tours, lectures, classes, art camp and other educational, social, and cultural opportunities are also offered. Dedication to fulfilling its slogan “building community through art” is evidenced throughout the Museum’s range of events and activities.
Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art Board of Trustees
Tammy Galvis Treasurer
Jackie Garvin Secretary